- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 small yellow onion, diced (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup drained, rinsed canned black beans
- 1/4 cup canned corn, rinsed and drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs and 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- Cooking spray
- 4 (10-inch) tortillas, burrito size
- 1/4 cup salsa
- sour cream
- 1 small avocado, cubed
- Fresh chopped chives
Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over a medium-high heat. Cook the onions and peppers until onions are softened and peppers are slightly charred, about 8 minutes. Add black beans and corn and cook until warmed through, another 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a dish.
Whisk together the eggs and egg whites then stir in the cheese. Spray the skillet with cooking spray, and reheat the skillet over a medium heat. Reduce heat to low and add eggs, scrambling until cooked through, about 3 minutes. Spread each tortilla with sour cream, then layer with 1/4 of the black bean mixture, 1/4 of the scrambled eggs, 1/4 of the avocado. Roll up burrito-style and serve. Top with salsa and chives.