Friday, October 29, 2010

French Bread


I love this bread.  It is not as crunchy on the outside as a normal french bread but I like my bread more soft. I use this bread recipe for almost everything.  This makes great french toast and garlic bread.  I hope you enjoy!

Combine:
2 TBS yeast
3/4 cup warm water
1/2 tsp sugar

In a mixer combine 2 2/3 cup warm water, 1 TBS salt, 1/4 cup sugar and 3 TBS melted butter.  Than add the yeast mixture and mix well.  Then add 9-10 cups of bread flour.  Let rise for 1 hour or until doubled.  Form into 2 french bread loaves and place on a greased cookie sheet.  Top with an egg wash (1 egg and 1 TBS water beaten).  Let rise until double.  Bake on 400 degrees until golden brown about 15-20 minutes.  

2 comments:

LittleSnowflakes said...

Yuuuum! Hot bread from the oven and fresh butter. Nothing could be better. Well except maybe a hot cup of Teton Cocoa and some of my fresh cookies :-)

Jill of all Trades said...

I'll have to agree with that one!